Pointing an Existing Client to a New Server
Use the steps below to point an existing client to a new server:
- Set up the new server
- Use the Server Locator program (serverlocation.exe) to point the client(s) to the new server. This program is located in the ACR folder, ie. C:\ACR\SMS\PROG.
- Click on ServerLocation.exe to run the program
- Select the server machine from the list.
- If you cannot locate the server name from the list, click Browse for SERVER Shared Name
- Select a computer from the list and click OK
- Click Save Settings and Launch SMS