Service Writers are an important part of your repair shop's business. Each
ticket created can have a service start a ticket and have a different one close
it. Passwords can be created for security purposes. The Labor Tracking
module must be purchased to utilize service writers in the system.
Setup a Service Writer Login
- Click Admin
- Under the Setup column, click Technicians
- Highlight the service writer you want to display in the Service Writer Login
- Click Edit
- Check Service Writer under Job Roles
- You can assign a password
- Click Save
- Repeat if necessary
- Click Setup and then Preferences
- Click the Custom tab
- Under Completing a Ticket, click Service Writer Required (codebook required)
- Exit the program
- Open up the program and the Service Writer login window displays
If there are any service writers added to the system, you will be prompted to
select one and then select a processing date when opening up the program.
Service Writer Icon
- Use the icon (located on the upper right of the program) to
change the service writer at any time.
- Select a name from the list.
- If a password is required,
type it in.
- Click Process.
- The service writer's name displays on the top of the
Changing the Service Writer
- From the Estimate Summary screen, click on Service
- Type in the service writer's name.
- When the
ticket is complete, fill out the Finished By section.
The service writer's name displays on the top of program.