The Identification screen displays the vehicle's information, including the
VIN #, year, make, model, etc.
- State displays the name of the state where the vehicle is registered.
- Plate displays the vehicles license plate number. If the plate number is not known, a plate number is assigned by using the customers abbreviated last name, followed by 001. To change the plate number, click it
and hit F6 to unlock the field. Change the plate number.
- Old Plate displays the license plate number that is no longer used for this vehicle.
- Fleet # displays the name of the fleet that the vehicle belongs to.
- VIN displays the vehicle identification number for the vehicle. Type in the vehicle VIN # and click VIN
Decode. The Year, Make, Model, Engine and Body Type displays. The VIN # may change color.
Green is valid, red is invalid and blue is valid but vehicle is not in the system. Use the Custom option to manually fill out
the vehicle information if the VIN # is blue.
- Standard is selected for vehicles from 1986 or newer. When the VIN# is entered and VIN Decode is selected, the
vehicle information is automatically filled out.
- Custom is selected for vehicles from 1985 and older. A vehicle list displays. Manually type in the
vehicle’s date, make, model and engine type.
- Year displays the year of the vehicle. If the VIN # is not available, click Year and the
Select Best Match for Vehicle displays. Select the year, make, model region, sub-model and engine type for this
vehicle. The Identification tab displays once the engine type is selected.
- Make displays the make of the vehicle.
- Model displays the model type of the vehicle.
- Engine displays the engine type of the vehicle.
- Body Type displays the style of the vehicle.
- Description is used to manually type in a vehicle style.
- Labor Rate is a custom rate that is created instead of normal shop labor rate.
- Body displays the color of the vehicle.
- Trim displays the trim color of the vehicle.
- Paint Code displays the code associated with the paint color.
- Tax Exempt is used if customer does not pay tax on repairs to this vehicle.
- Last Recommendations displays recommendations that were given to the customer the last time the vehicle was
brought into the shop.
- Group is used for marketing purposes.
- State Inspection Month displays the month that the vehicle is due for state inspection.